Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Trading kittens for puppies.


Well this story fits in perfectly, since it involves a dog and a cat. In Greenacres, Florida an interesting story played out. A south florida woman Linda Urioste had lost her dog "Scooby" and it was put into doggy jail by the local Animal Care and Control unit. Five days later a new family the Jutta's had adopted the dog. They renamed the dog "Buddy" and a few days later Linda Urioste had inquired at the shelter about her dog. When the Jutta's found out that she was looking for her dog, they were more than willing to give the dog back, until they met Ms. Urioste, who screamed and yelled at them, treating them very unkindly. So the Jutta's decided not to give the dog back. However, Ms. Urioste decided the best course of action was to steal the Jutta's cat! Ms. Urioste left a message on the Jutta's answering machine "I was the used-to-be-owner, but I was wondering if you were missing a gray pussy cat. Because a pussy cat ran out in front of my car not far from your house and I saved its life. I almost ran him over. So, I was just wondering how you are enjoying Scooby, because I am enjoying your pussy cat while he is in his crate. You call it crate, I call it a cage. Have a nice day,". (source: http://www.wpbf.com/news/16758597/detail.html) She was keeping their cat as ransom for her old dog. Urioste was arrested and charged with theft and extortion. I can't help but feel somewhat sorry for Urioste for losing her dog, but she doesn't seem like she's sane enough or nice enough to give that dog a good home, so maybe Scooby/Buddy is better off? I dunno, anyone have any thoughts on it?

No comments: